200 Columbus Blvd.
Hartford, CT 06106
Telephone (860) 249-8000
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 11, 2017
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Who this Job Will Appeal To
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
What You Will Be Doing
Are you a handy person who is good at fixing things, and likes to keep everything in good repair? We need someone to do light electrical, plumbing, painting, and small repairs. This position will perform preventive maintenance and repair duties, including but not limited to HVAC, refrigeration systems, plumbing, lighting, furniture, sheet rock and painting.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all guests, vendors, contractors, and employees.
- Responsible for alerting the Chief Engineer of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place, or that may occur.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Respond to all guest and colleague maintenance issues in a timely fashion. Keep accurate records of assigned tasks and must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
Minimum of two years experience in hotel or building maintenance.
Scheduled hours to include weekends and off-hour times based on the ongoing operating needs of the hotel.
Must be effective at handling maintenance issues, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Hartford Marriott Downtown
409 Room Hotel
Enjoy the style and luxury of our newly renovated downtown Hartford Hotel. Located in the Front Street District of Hartford, the Marriott Hartford Downtown overlooks the Connecticut River and is interconnected with the Connecticut Convention Center. Attracting business and leisure travelers alike since 2005, this 409 room upscale hotel is AAA rated with four Diamonds. Local Hartford attractions within walking distance include Infinity Hall, Spotlight Theater, Wadsworth Atheneum, The Bushnell for Performing Arts, Old State House, and the State Capital Building. The Connecticut Science Center, an interactive educational science museum for adults and children, is adjacent to the hotel. Other area highlights include the Xfinity Theatre, Travelers, Aetna, Pratt & Whitney, and UTC. This Marriott hotel combines the beauty of a grand hotel with contemporary amenities including a spa, fitness center, swimming pool, upscale dining at VIVO, a stylish bar scene at L BAR, Starbucks lounge, and high-speed Internet access.