914 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Telephone (860) 442-4559
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 11, 2017
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Revenue Manager is responsible for maximizing revenue and profits for hotels within our portfolio. They will drive the continued development & growth of market share, revenue and profits by forecasting, establishing rates, controlling inventories & evaluating group business. This position reports to the General Manager.
As the Revenue Manager, you will also be accountable for maximizing transient revenue. You will release group rooms back into general inventory and ensure clean booking windows for customers as well as recommending pricing and positioning and overseeing the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Compiling information, analyzing and monitoring actual sales against projected sales
- Conducting sales strategy analysis and refining as appropriate to increase market share for all properties
- Maintaining accurate reservation system information
- Generating updates on transient segment each period
- Updating market knowledge and aligning strategies and approaches accordingly
- Achieving and exceeding all goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Exploring opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation
- Providing revenue management functional expertise to cluster general managers, leadership teams, and market sales leaders
- Managing rooms inventory to maximize room revenue
- Checking distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning
- Providing recommendations to improve the effectiveness of revenue management processes
- Acting as a liaison when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support
We are looking for a Revenue Manager who combines leadership skills with meticulous professionalism and attention to detail. It is important that you are able to effectively manage revenue and reservation tracking functions in order to ensure continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact effectively at all levels of our organization.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, or Finance and Accounting, or Economics, or Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (2 years with a Bachelor’s degree) in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area
- Experience in hotel revenue recognition accounting
- Strong computer skills: Proficient Excel skills, general ledger/accounting systems, and other Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group manages properties in 9 states with more than 4,000 rooms. Our portfolio includes limited-service and full-service hotels, conference centers, all-suite and resort hotels, all of which are franchised or independently owned properties.
Why People Like to Work for Us
Waterford Hotel Group believes that the quality of our staff directly translates into operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction. The quality of our staff is reflected through the high levels of associate satisfaction, continuously motivated by a passion for excellence, integrity and fairness. This is achieved through on-going training, an emphasis on teamwork, an intimate knowledge of our properties and a thorough understanding of the needs of our customers, guests, and the communities we serve.
Waterford Hotel Group offers a wide range of benefits to eligible associates, which include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401 (k) retirement plan, paid holidays, personal days, vacation time, educational assistance programs, and associate room discount.