4 Sebethe Drive
Cromwell, CT 06416
Telephone (860) 635-1001
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Search Other Jobs
Posted January 10, 2019
“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Starbucks Bistro Attendant
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly customer service professionals! Prior face-to-face customer experience is a huge plus, but your attitude is more important. You must have a polished presentation with professional communication skills. Scheduling flexibility is a must for morning, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and connects with every customer. Discover customer needs and make recommendations that you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant or Hotel functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in POS system.
- Prepare coffee barista drinks, specialty drinks and food orders utilizing Turbo Chef.
- Perform running side work and opening & closing duties throughout your shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work and service area.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the beverage, food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Teamwork -- Offer or ask for help to your fellow team members as situations arise.
- Must be willing to have FUN.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Bistro as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Must be 18 years or older to serve alcohol.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and special events unless approved by Manager.
- Good communication & organizational skills.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to work quickly & efficiently and take direction.
- Knowledge of and adhere to all alcohol related law.
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of mainly mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
145 Room Hotel
The Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Cromwell is the perfect hotel when visiting Cromwell, Hartford and surrounding Central CT towns like Middletown, Berlin, and Rocky Hill. Located midway between Boston and New York and convenient to Bradley Airport, our hotel is a hub for corporate, group and leisure travelers in the Hartford area. We’re located minutes from Aetna, Pratt & Whitney, Henkel, UTC, Eversource and Hartford Healthcare offices. We are one of the preferred hotels during the PGA Golf Championship at TPC River Highlands. Families enjoy the nearby Brownstone Zip Line Adventure Park and Powder Ridge ski area. For a change of pace visit the CT Arts Trail featuring the Wadsworth Museum. Parents enjoy the convenience of easy access to CCSU, Wesleyan University, Trinity College and Champions Ice Rink from the hotel. Our Cromwell hotel offers up to 7,500 square feet of diverse meeting and banquet space and features 13 meeting rooms.