1090 Main St
Williamstown, MA 01267
Telephone (413) 458-9371
The Williams Inn - New Inn Opening Summer 2019!
Search Other Jobs
Posted March 13, 2019
“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!"
Why you will enjoy this job
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
We are seeking a General Manager that is capable of maximizing revenue, minimizing expenses, motivating the team and maintaining the asset. They are ultimately responsible for leading their market and exceeding guest and associate expectations. We are looking for a charismatic leader that are confident in their ability to excel with the opening of the new Williams Inn.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for the Williams Inn, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of: general property performance, as well as sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. This will involve leading your team in the development, and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and delivering a return on investment.
Your specific duties in this role will include
- Ensuring that service programs are in place and executed
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly associates on service and operational standards
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle)
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.)
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates
- Keeping the leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement
- Oversight of pre-construction actives and ensures continuity during all phases of transition
The ideal candidate for this position
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring Guest Satisfaction
- Associate Team building and Development
- Communications and Business Plan Follow-thru
- Financial and Budgetary Goal Attainment
- Hands-on Sales & Marketing Goal Attainment
- Facility Engineering Plan Development and Follow-thru
- Overseeing all hotel departments including F & B, Housekeeping, Front Desk, Engineering and Finance
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location’s continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
Specific qualifications for the role include
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (2 years with a Bachelor’s degree) in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, management operations, or related professional area
- Experience in implementing payroll and inventory cost controls
- Previous Hotel General Manager experience is required
- Previous F&B experience required
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
The Williams Inn - New Inn Opening Summer 2019!
116 Room Hotel
Located on the scenic Williams College campus in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Our Williamstown MA hotel, The Williams Inn, is just steps away from The Clark Art Institute and Williamstown Theatre Festival, a quick walk to downtown Williamstown and surrounded by incredible natural attractions. When you stay with us, you’ll enjoy lush greenery that the Williams College Campus and surrounding area has to offer! We’re also conveniently located just a short 4 minute walk from the Williams College Admissions Office for anyone who is exploring Williams College for a tour, interview or their first time.