1090 Main St
Williamstown, MA 01267
Telephone (413) 458-9371
The Williams Inn - New Inn Opening Summer 2019!
Search Other Jobs
Posted March 15, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Director of Sales
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow" our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The Director of Sales will direct and coordinate the activities of the entire Sales and Marketing department including Public Relations, Ecommerce and Revenue Management. This position will be a crucial part of opening the new Williams Inn. This will include proactive efforts, nurturing and growing client relationships/business, meeting and/or exceeding set sales goals, budgeting, forecasting, advertising, and the creation of the marketing plan.
As Director of Sales, you will lead and manage all day-to-day activities with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales and marketing objectives. You will be responsible for achieving your own personal booking goals, while advising your team on meeting their own booking goals. This position reports to the Hotel General Manager as a member of the Executive Committee.
- Working with management team in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Providing positive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Developing booking goals for sales and marketing team members.
- Monitoring all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Participates in client calls with members of your team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executing and supporting the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence, etc.)
- Analyzing market information and implementing strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback and reviewing guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service.
- Displaying leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying customer service and creating a positive example for guest relations.
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Interviewing and hiring management and/or hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
We are looking for a self-motivated Director of Sales with solid leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with both new and existing clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Previous Director of Sales experience.
- 3 years’ experience in hotel sales and catering
- Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven lead-generation and closing skills.
As a Hotel Director of Sales you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Williams Inn - New Inn Opening Summer 2019!
116 Room Hotel
Located on the scenic Williams College campus in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Our Williamstown MA hotel, The Williams Inn, is just steps away from The Clark Art Institute and Williamstown Theatre Festival, a quick walk to downtown Williamstown and surrounded by incredible natural attractions. When you stay with us, you’ll enjoy lush greenery that the Williams College Campus and surrounding area has to offer! We’re also conveniently located just a short 4 minute walk from the Williams College Admissions Office for anyone who is exploring Williams College for a tour, interview or their first time.