100 Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06103
Telephone (860) 249-6000
Connecticut Convention Center
Current Job Openings
Search Other Jobs
Posted December 5, 2018
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
National Sales Manager - Based out of the greater Washington D.C. area
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing you will be accountable for booking Association convention business that will utilize multiple hotels in the Hartford market as well as offsite venues. This position will uncover opportunities for the Convention Center that will positively impact the city of Hartford. The ideal candidate for this position would reside in Washington D.C. and/or current experience working in the DC market with at least five years or more of convention sales experience within a Convention & Visitors Bureau or Convention Center. If you are a successful sales professional with a proven track record in the Association market and know how to close the deal we want to hear from you!
- Uncover business opportunities that utilize multiple hotels and venues and generate significant economic impact.
- Solicit Association business within assigned market segments directly and jointly with others and the ability of building strong relationships.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Achieve revenue goals by securing multi-day convention business through execution of action plans.
- Participation in trade shows, conventions, promotional events.
- Ability to travel for multiple days to events and sales missions.
- Five or more years of convention sales experience within a Convention & Visitors Bureau or Convention Center.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
We offer our Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401K plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
Come be a part of our passionate and committed team!
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.ctconventions.com/
Connecticut Convention Center
The Connecticut Convention Center
The Connecticut Convention Center is an award-winning venue owned by the State of Connecticut. Its operations are overseen by the Capital Region Development Authority. It is professionally managed by Waterford Venue Services, a subsidiary of Waterford Group.
The Connecticut Convention Center opened in 2005, it is the Northeast’s most ideal location for trade shows, conventions, business meetings or any occasion demanding a dramatic riverfront setting. Overlooking the Connecticut River, the Center is situated in the heart of downtown Hartford’s Front Street District – a rapidly expanding entertainment hub teeming with new restaurants, bistros and entertainment venues.
Limitlessly functional and endlessly customizable, the 540,000 square foot Connecticut Convention Center is the largest convention facility between New York and Boston. The Center combines ample meeting space – including 140,000 square feet of exhibition space, a 40,000 square foot ballroom and 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting space – with visually stunning touches, creating the ideal backdrop for any event.
The Center’s award-winning event planning and in-house catering team combine with spectacular function space to make every event unforgettable. Every facet of hosting an event has been taken into consideration – from state-of-the-art audio-visual, to flexible spaces and abundant pre-function areas, to amply on-site sheltered parking.