4 Chapel Avenue
Andover, MA 01810
Telephone (978) 775-4900
Search Other Jobs
Posted December 6, 2018
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Catering Sales Manager
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Sales Manager and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
- The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new accounts, nurturing and growing existing client relationships/business and consistently up-selling to meet or exceed set catering sales goals. They will manage the function from beginning to end to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Provides professional and courteous guest service at all times.
- Makes solicitation calls on a selective basis to all potential clients.
- Follows up on all leads through phone calls, correspondence or personal visits.
- Develops and creates innovative sales and marketing techniques.
- Plans, supervises and coordinates all catered functions to ensure performance of hotel obligations.
- Maintains current filing system account and prepares required reports.
- Contacts in-house guests, group leaders, and meeting planners to promote good will and foster additional business.
- Follows up on all catering functions solicited through attendance at the specific event.
- Maintains good rapport with local civic groups and associations.
- Prepares monthly forecast for banquet food and beverage revenue.
- Works very closely with sales department to promote follow up on all sales bookings to minimize tentative holds on public space.
- Attends weekly sales & staff meetings.
- Hotel sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or university or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proactive, knowledgeable, creative sales maximizer of appropriate business to fulfill the hotel's need dates, seasonality, patterns, or strategic objectives.
- Self-motivator with strong time management skills and keen abilities to set and achieve priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and ability to remain positive and constructive under stress
- Strong knowledge of the hotel, its facilities, and its services as well as the competitions'.
- Available for average work week consisting of Monday - Friday schedule. Some evening and weekend hours will be required depending upon business levels &/or customer needs.
- College degree preferred and/or equivalent professional training.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information, please visit our website at waterfordhotelgroup.com EOE/M/F/D/V
30 Room Hotel
The Andover Inn is a New England inn located about 25 miles north of Boston, MA on the 500-acre campus of Phillips Academy, one of the oldest private secondary boarding schools in the United States. Built in 1930 and fully renovated in 2010, The Andover Inn offers 30 modern guest rooms, three private function rooms, and an elegant 80-seat dining room.
The Andover Inn offers its guests a unique experience in an intimate setting and the ideal location for a weekend getaway, family celebration, or corporate retreat. We are located within walking-distance to the center of Andover, Massachusetts, where the town gives its visitors a "metro-suburban" experience featuring trendy shopping, foodie experiences, and local New England charm. With easy access to major highways I-495 and I-93, the inn is just 30 minutes from Boston.