914 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Telephone (860) 442-4559
Waterford Hotel Group
Search Other Jobs
Posted January 11, 2019
Are you passionate about the hospitality industry - start your HR career with us!
Human Resources Coordinator
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
What You Will Be Doing
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Human Resources. The HR Coordinator supports the Human Resources Department by performing a variety of HR functions. This position works alongside three Human Resources Managers, the Corporate Director of Human Resources and the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Responds to employment verifications.
- Fields incoming associate calls and distributes accordingly.
- Executes monthly benefit reconciliations for vision, dental, medical and life insurance.
- Answer basic associate inquiries regarding health insurance.
- Coordinates monthly and quarterly associate recognition letters for each property.
- Coordinates annual service awards.
- Plans and executes office outings.
- Ensures proper and timely processing of all departmental invoicing and monthly expense reports.
- Assists with phone coverage of the corporate office phone line.
- Must present a positive attitude and professional image
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong math skills required
- Hotel Experience required, HR experience preferred
- Degree in HR, Hospitality, Business or related field helpful
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a drug and background check
For more information, please visit our website at waterfordhotelgroup.com. EOE M/F/D/V
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group manages properties in 9 states with more than 4,000 rooms. Our portfolio includes limited-service and full-service hotels, conference centers, all-suite and resort hotels, all of which are franchised or independently owned properties.
Why People Like to Work for Us
Waterford Hotel Group believes that the quality of our staff directly translates into operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction. The quality of our staff is reflected through the high levels of associate satisfaction, continuously motivated by a passion for excellence, integrity and fairness. This is achieved through on-going training, an emphasis on teamwork, an intimate knowledge of our properties and a thorough understanding of the needs of our customers, guests, and the communities we serve.
Waterford Hotel Group offers a wide range of benefits to eligible associates, which include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401 (k) retirement plan, paid holidays, personal days, vacation time, educational assistance programs, and associate room discount.