914 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Telephone (860) 442-4559
Waterford Hotel Group
Search Other Jobs
Posted March 15, 2019
Looking for Top Talent to Join Our Team!
For more than 25 years, Waterford has established itself as a leading company in the hospitality industry through steady growth and strict adherence to industry fundamentals.
Waterford keeps its owners' and customers' best interests at heart. We provide value to the customer as well as the owner, while providing career growth for associates. This three-pronged commitment translates into business success. We believe that the quality and satisfaction of our staff directly translate into operational excellence and overall customer, stakeholder and guest approval. Join Our Team Today!
Are you looking to join a progressive organization with a passion for excellence and commitment to integrity and fairness? Do you want to be part of a team that welcomes collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement? Do you want to work for an organization that will truly recognize your professional contributions and invest the time and resources in assisting you to reach your professional goals? If so, you need look no further than Waterford Hotel Group!
Waterford Hotel Group has a current portfolio of 33 properties in 9 states with a total of over 3,500 rooms. Our properties include select-service hotels, extended-stay hotels, full-service hotels and conference centers.
We have an exciting opportunity for Hotel Property Accountant at our offices in Waterford, CT. The Hotel Property Accountant, reporting to the Regional Controller, is responsible for the accounting functions of multiple properties including the preparation of month-end closings, preparation of financial statements, general ledger accounting, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, state tax reconciliations and payments, cash management and general ledger invoice coding. The ideal candidate will possess an accounting degree. Hotel experience and technical competence required.
- Coordinate and complete month-end entries for assigned hotels.
- Work closely with hotel General Managers and Bookkeepers
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of all balance sheet account reconciliations for assigned group of hotels.
- Complete monthly Sales & Use, Occupancy, and other local and regional tax returns for assigned group of hotels
- Review weekly payroll registers for accuracy for assigned hotels.
- Manage Chargeback reconciliation procedure for assigned hotels.
- Assist Regional Controller in the preparation of budgets.
- Oversee preparation of governmental reports and handling inquiries from government agencies, including Internal Revenue Service.
- Directly supervise, and assist in completion of Accounts Payable duties as needed.
- May assist in completion of property audits and reviews.
- Active in new property development and takeovers with transition team, including turnover checklists, new account setups, Daily Sales Report setup, Night Audit procedures, payroll setup.
- Required to work overtime and/or weekends when necessary in order to complete month-end requirements prior to all stated deadlines.
Waterford Hotel Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, personal days, and hotel discounts. For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Ideal Experience and Personal Profile
- Three to five+ years progressive hospitality accounting experience
- Technical competence required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience equivalent to advanced user level in Excel a must
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving culture
- Detail oriented with emphasis on continuous process improvement
- Ability to work independently within a framework
- Available to work outside typical business hours (i.e. month and year end) and travel to various properties
- Committed to sharing knowledge and on-going training and development of others
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group manages properties in 9 states with more than 4,000 rooms. Our portfolio includes limited-service and full-service hotels, conference centers, all-suite and resort hotels, all of which are franchised or independently owned properties.
Why People Like to Work for Us
Waterford Hotel Group believes that the quality of our staff directly translates into operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction. The quality of our staff is reflected through the high levels of associate satisfaction, continuously motivated by a passion for excellence, integrity and fairness. This is achieved through on-going training, an emphasis on teamwork, an intimate knowledge of our properties and a thorough understanding of the needs of our customers, guests, and the communities we serve.
Waterford Hotel Group offers a wide range of benefits to eligible associates, which include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401 (k) retirement plan, paid holidays, personal days, vacation time, educational assistance programs, and associate room discount.