One Lincoln Square
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Telephone (717) 337-2000
Search Other Jobs
Posted April 4, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The most successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail for exceptional guest satisfaction and positive associate relations. We are looking for a food and beverage professional with leadership and organizational skills.
What You Will Be Doing
The Food and Beverage Manager of this historic hotel, is responsible for management of the food and beverage department to include1 Lincoln Restaurant. This position maintains our high standards and focuses on maximizing profits of the hotel. Responsibilities include scheduling, payroll, associate training and development, inventory control, as well as coordinating with the sales department to determine future business and workload needs. This position reports directly to the General Manger.
- Reviewing staffing levels to ensure guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met
- Identifying any developmental needs of your team and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish goals
- Ensuring compliance with: All food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, and providing follow-up and hands-on management, All applicable laws and regulations, as well as food handling and sanitation standards
- Ensuring staff understands local, state, and federal liquor laws
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Handling guest problems and complaints while delivering excellent customer service
- Meeting with guests on an informal basis (during meals or upon departure) to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who is familiar enough with all kitchen positions to cover for absent employees or determine appropriate replacements if needed. Someone who is able to utilize effective interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocate sound financial/business decision making; demonstrate honesty/integrity; and lead by example would be a perfect fit for this position.
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years of experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Ability to approach difficult situations with a customer service focus
- Ability to manage / supervise a diverse team and delegate tasks accordingly
Excellent communication skills in language, delivery, presentation, and writing is required.
Effective time management, organizational skills and schedule flexibility required.
Associate and/or Bachelor Degree preferred, years of experience considered.
Tips and Serve Safe certifications preferred.
You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
This is not a Monday thru Friday job, in fact it requires a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, but it is for you if you love people and have the right attitude!
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
119 Room Hotel
The Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 is located in the heart of historic downtown Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and is within walking distance to the Gettysburg battlefield, historic area attractions, and many downtown shops & restaurants.
This historic Gettysburg hotel has been recently renovated and offers superior service in a charming and ideal setting; rich in history and hospitable ambiance.
Each of the 119 well-appointed guest rooms and suites at the Gettysburg Hotel are designed with today’s traveler in mind. Gettysburg Hotel guests enjoy complimentary high speed wireless Internet, business center and fitness center access, a roof top swimming pool, new flatscreen HDTVs, casual dining at One Lincoln Food & Spirits, and so much more.
Our historic Pennsylvania hotel boasts approximately 9,000 square feet of renovated meeting space, including a magnificent grand ballroom overflowing with history. We offer award winning food, beverage and catering service beyond compare.
The hotel’s location and proximity to Gettysburg National Parks, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Harrisburg and Hershey make it an ideal spot for traveling to a variety of historic sites and places of interest.