One Lincoln Square
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Telephone (717) 337-2000
Current Job Openings
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 22, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate and Committed Team!
Director of Operations
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this senior leadership position functions as the business leader for all areas of operations, including Rooms and Food and Beverage. Responsibilities include executing flawless guest experiences, revenue generation, cost and policy controls, staffing, safety and sanitation. Ensures implementation and delivery of the service standards and initiatives to exceed guest expectations, increase profit and market share. Manages front of house and back of house operational departments, with clear and specific goals and accountability. This position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hospitality Management or equivalent;
- 10 years experience in hotel operations management, or related professional area
- Food and Beverage Manager experience in full service hotel
- Rooms and Related Manager experience in full service hotel.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and nights as business requires
- Strong desire to develop into a General Manager
- Strong customer relations skills and leadership capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skill
- Detail oriented
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve to achieve guest satisfaction while ensuring compliance with policy and financial standards
- Must be able to pass a background check as well as be drug free
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
119 Room Hotel
The Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 is located in the heart of historic downtown Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and is within walking distance to the Gettysburg battlefield, historic area attractions, and many downtown shops & restaurants.
This historic Gettysburg hotel has been recently renovated and offers superior service in a charming and ideal setting; rich in history and hospitable ambiance.
Each of the 119 well-appointed guest rooms and suites at the Gettysburg Hotel are designed with today’s traveler in mind. Gettysburg Hotel guests enjoy complimentary high speed wireless Internet, business center and fitness center access, a roof top swimming pool, new flatscreen HDTVs, casual dining at One Lincoln Food & Spirits, and so much more.
Our historic Pennsylvania hotel boasts approximately 9,000 square feet of renovated meeting space, including a magnificent grand ballroom overflowing with history. We offer award winning food, beverage and catering service beyond compare.
The hotel’s location and proximity to Gettysburg National Parks, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Harrisburg and Hershey make it an ideal spot for traveling to a variety of historic sites and places of interest.