914 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Telephone (860) 442-4559
Waterford Hotel Group
Search Other Jobs
Posted November 25, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Task Force Director of Sales
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
Who this job will appeal to?
- Someone who enjoys variety in their job
- Someone who can form quick impressions
- Someone who is good at recognizing and acting upon opportunity for improvement
The Task Force Director of Sales will be responsible for assuming sales responsibilities at Waterford Hotel Group hotels as assigned on a task force basis, either to cover vacancies, provide additional support to enhance current sales efforts or to assist with pre-opening sales efforts for new properties. Responsibilities will include soliciting new accounts, nurturing and growing existing client relationships/business, and consistently selling the hotel to meet or exceed revenue goals.
This position requires that the individual travel close to 100% of the time and be open to assignments in Full-Service, Select-Service or Extended-Stay properties. Candidates should be based in the Northeast withing 50 miles of a major airport.
- Working with management team in developing and executing sales strategies
- Assisting with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external
- Providing positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals)
- Recommending booking goals for sales team members
- Monitoring all day to day activities of direct reports
- Participates in client calls with members of your team to acquire new business and/or close on business
- Executing and supporting the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence, etc.)
- Analyzing market information and implementing strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback and reviewing guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement
- Ensuring exceptional customer service
- Displaying leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying customer service and creating a positive example for guest relations
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Interviewing and hiring management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation
We are looking for a self-motivated Hotel Sales Director with solid leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with both new and existing clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- Ability to travel and spend time away from home as needed
- Based in the Northeast within 50 miles of a major airport
- Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Prior Hotel Sales Management Experience
- Previous Marriott, Hilton and Starwood experience a plus
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group manages properties in 9 states with more than 6,200 rooms. Our portfolio includes limited-service and full-service hotels, conference centers, all-suite and resort hotels, all of which are franchised or independently owned properties.
Why People Like to Work for Us
Waterford Hotel Group believes that the quality of our staff directly translates into operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction. The quality of our staff is reflected through the high levels of associate satisfaction, continuously motivated by a passion for excellence, integrity and fairness. This is achieved through on-going training, an emphasis on teamwork, an intimate knowledge of our properties and a thorough understanding of the needs of our customers, guests, and the communities we serve.
Waterford Hotel Group offers a wide range of benefits to eligible associates, which include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401 (k) retirement plan, paid holidays, personal days, vacation time, educational assistance programs, and associate room discount.