315 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103-1186
Telephone (860) 728-5151
Search Other Jobs
Posted October 3, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Are you an aggressively friendly Customer Service Professional? Can you work an overnight shift? Do you like working independently? This is not a typical 9-5 job. . . but it's for you if you love people, are professional and have the right attitude!
What You Will Be Doing
This position oversees the front desk of the hotel overnight 11:00 p.m to 7:00 a.m. In addition to helping guests with check-ins, check outs, and any other requirements, this person is responsible for reconciling the daily receipts and preparing guest bills.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed from the Front Desk and F&B computer systems.
- Closes out the day for both the Front Desk and F&B computer systems.
- Runs reports for the previous day's business.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes, confirms, and cancels reservations.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Friendly personality a must!
- Ability to work independently overnight
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to work Weekends and Holidays a must.
- Previous experience a plus, but not required - we will train the right person
- Previous hotel front desk experience strongly preferred.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check and drug screening.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
388 Room Hotel
Situated in the heart of the business and dining district of Hartford CT, the Hilton Hartford hotel is within walking distance of over 30 restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. Take the skywalk from the hotel to the Hartford XL Center; home to UCONN basketball, Hartford Wolf Pack Hockey, and the Hartford Yard Goats minor league baseball team.
- Adjacent to the XL Center, conveniently connected by covered skywalk access
- Complimentary WiFi in guest rooms and public areas
- 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, including Hartford’s largest ballroom
- Five floors of executive rooms with private Executive Club Lounge
- Modern fitness center and indoor swimming pool