780 Bridgeport Avenue
Shelton, CT 06484
Telephone (203) 929-1500
Search Other Jobs
Posted October 14, 2019
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Director of Sales
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow" our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
As a hotel Director of Sales, you will lead and manage all day-to-day activities with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. You will be responsible for achieving your own personal booking goals, while advising your team on meeting their own booking goals. You will play a key role in the development of new and existing business as you provide high-level leadership for your sales team, creating and implementing strategies that will enable them to maximize guest bookings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Your specific duties in this role will include
- Working with management team in developing and executing sales strategies
- Assisting with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external
- Providing positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals)
- Recommending booking goals for sales team members
- Monitoring all day to day activities of direct reports
- Participates in client calls with members of your team to acquire new business and/or close on business
- Executing and supporting the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence, etc.)
- Analyzing market information and implementing strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback and reviewing guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement
- Displaying leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying customer service and creating a positive example for guest relations
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Interviewing hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation
We are looking for a self-motivated hotel Director of Sales with solid leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with both new and existing clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (3 year with a Bachelor’s degree) in sales and marketing, or a related professional area
- Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Proven lead-generation and closing skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
As a Hotel Director of Sales you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
149 Room Hotel
Experience the Courtyard Shelton hotel near Milford, CT. Our hotel is conveniently located in Fairfield County near Bridgeport, Trumbull, and New Haven. Enjoy the fun and beauty of New England from our Shelton hotel. You can explore the Connecticut Wine Trail, Quassy Amusement Park, or the Sports Center of Connecticut. For brides and grooms, we're by The Waterview, Villa Bianca, Tashua Knolls, Grassy Hill Country Club and other local wedding venues. Nearby colleges include Yale University, Fairfield University, University of Bridgeport, and Sacred Heart University. Relax in our newly renovated guest rooms for a stay unmatched by other hotels in Bridgeport. We offer a brand new lobby, which features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard®. Don't forget to stop by The Bistro for healthy food and beverages.