30 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
Telephone (413) 256-8200
Inn on Boltwood
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 14, 2021
Seeking Food & Beverage Hospitality Professionals
Food and Beverage Director
Passionate about Food & Beverage?
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
Food & Beverage Director
Responsible for management of the Food and Beverage department, ensuring compliance with service and operational standards, maximization of profits in banquets and outlets. Responsible for the restaurant and banquet functions, including production of new menus, creating and implementing food promotions, developing portion specifications and maintaining a high quality of service, staff supervision and development. Must have previous restaurant and beverage management experience, preferable from a hotel. This positions reports to the General Manager.
- Reviewing staffing levels to ensure guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Overseeing and planning of all banquet and catering events
- Identifying any developmental needs of your team and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish goals.
- Ensuring compliance with: All food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, and providing follow-up and hands-on management o All applicable laws and regulations, as well as food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring staff understands local, state, and federal liquor laws.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Handling guest problems and complaints while delivering excellent customer service
- Meeting with guests on an informal basis (during meals or upon departure) to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years of experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Ability to approach difficult situations with a customer service focus
- Ability to manage / supervise a diverse team and delegate tasks accordingly
- Must be able to pass a background check.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
Inn on Boltwood
49 Room Inn
Inn on Boltwood
In the heart of New England, where the lush, maple-lined lawn of Amherst Common meets the campus of Amherst College, the historic Inn on Boltwood, formerly The Lord Jeffery Inn, has been a treasured landmark hotel in Western Massachusetts since 1926. Inn on Boltwood remains the destination of choice for returning Five Colleges alumni, visiting parents, and travelers seeking a classic New England experience. Recognized as a Silver LEED Certified hotel and member of Historic Hotels of America, Inn on Boltwood remains dedicated to both environmental sustainability and historic preservation.
Each of our 49 guest rooms is unique. Guests enjoy modern comforts such as pillow-top mattresses, high thread count linens, complimentary WiFi and flat screen HD televisions in a historic New England setting. Our full-service contemporary Amherst restaurant, 30 Boltwood, offers an innovative menu featuring farm-to-table cuisine and masterfully-crafted cocktails.
For generations, the Inn on Boltwood has set the standard for stylish and sophisticated New England weddings. From rehearsal dinner through post-wedding brunch, the Inn can accommodate all of your needs with our diverse event spaces, customizable menus, and personalized service.
The Inn on Boltwood invites you to make your reservation now for your New England wedding, social event, meeting, vacation, or campus visit. Join us as we celebrate our past and embrace our future at our Amherst, Massachusetts hotel.