30 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
Telephone (413) 256-8200
Inn on Boltwood
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 14, 2021
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Banquet Prep Cook
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate will have a culinary degree along with a progressive career in culinary arts with a focus on banquets and production. Candidates without a culinary degree but with progressive culinary work experience are considered. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience with a similar organization's level of service and operation. Creativity is a must with a keen eye on the budget. The Banquet Cook will be expected to have demonstrated leadership ability in managing and motivating the associates on his or her team.
What You Will Be Doing
The Banquet Cook is responsible for overseeing the performance and output of the banquet culinary team and assisting with the overall kitchen operation. They will assist with managing inventory control, budgeting and purchasing, customizing menu preparation, as well as hiring, training, and retaining the best talent. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Effective management of day to day operations including staffing, training, budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring quality, consistency and creativity are at the highest level while maximizing the operation's personnel and resources
- The production and execution of banquets with emphasis on quality
- Inventory and cost controls
- Developing production sheets and schedules
- Adherence to all food handling and sanitation standards
- Maintain all guest service standards
- Must be able to pass a background check
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Inn on Boltwood
49 Room Inn
Inn on Boltwood
In the heart of New England, where the lush, maple-lined lawn of Amherst Common meets the campus of Amherst College, the historic Inn on Boltwood, formerly The Lord Jeffery Inn, has been a treasured landmark hotel in Western Massachusetts since 1926. Inn on Boltwood remains the destination of choice for returning Five Colleges alumni, visiting parents, and travelers seeking a classic New England experience. Recognized as a Silver LEED Certified hotel and member of Historic Hotels of America, Inn on Boltwood remains dedicated to both environmental sustainability and historic preservation.
Each of our 49 guest rooms is unique. Guests enjoy modern comforts such as pillow-top mattresses, high thread count linens, complimentary WiFi and flat screen HD televisions in a historic New England setting. Our full-service contemporary Amherst restaurant, 30 Boltwood, offers an innovative menu featuring farm-to-table cuisine and masterfully-crafted cocktails.
For generations, the Inn on Boltwood has set the standard for stylish and sophisticated New England weddings. From rehearsal dinner through post-wedding brunch, the Inn can accommodate all of your needs with our diverse event spaces, customizable menus, and personalized service.
The Inn on Boltwood invites you to make your reservation now for your New England wedding, social event, meeting, vacation, or campus visit. Join us as we celebrate our past and embrace our future at our Amherst, Massachusetts hotel.