30 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
Telephone (413) 256-8200
Inn on Boltwood
Search Other Jobs
Posted September 14, 2021
Be A Part of Our Passionate and Committed Team!
Director of Operations
Waterford Hotel Group
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this senior leadership position functions as the business leader for all areas of operations, including Rooms and a strong focus on Food and Beverage. Responsibilities include executing flawless guest experiences, revenue generation, cost and policy controls, staffing, safety and sanitation. This position will focus on food and beverage ensuring compliance with service and operational standards, maximization of outlets. Ensures implementation and delivery of the service standards and initiatives to exceed guest expectations, increase profit and market share. Manages front of house and back of house operational departments, with clear and specific goals and accountability. This position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hospitality Management or equivalent;
- 10 years experience in hotel operations management, or related professional area
- Food and Beverage Manager experience in full service hotel
- Rooms and Related Manager experience in full service hotel.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and nights as business requires
- Strong desire to develop into a General Manager
- Strong customer relations skills and leadership capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skill
- Detail oriented
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve to achieve guest satisfaction while ensuring compliance with policy and financial standards
- Must be able to pass a background check as well as be drug free
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Inn on Boltwood
49 Room Inn
Inn on Boltwood
In the heart of New England, where the lush, maple-lined lawn of Amherst Common meets the campus of Amherst College, the historic Inn on Boltwood, formerly The Lord Jeffery Inn, has been a treasured landmark hotel in Western Massachusetts since 1926. Inn on Boltwood remains the destination of choice for returning Five Colleges alumni, visiting parents, and travelers seeking a classic New England experience. Recognized as a Silver LEED Certified hotel and member of Historic Hotels of America, Inn on Boltwood remains dedicated to both environmental sustainability and historic preservation.
Each of our 49 guest rooms is unique. Guests enjoy modern comforts such as pillow-top mattresses, high thread count linens, complimentary WiFi and flat screen HD televisions in a historic New England setting. Our full-service contemporary Amherst restaurant, 30 Boltwood, offers an innovative menu featuring farm-to-table cuisine and masterfully-crafted cocktails.
For generations, the Inn on Boltwood has set the standard for stylish and sophisticated New England weddings. From rehearsal dinner through post-wedding brunch, the Inn can accommodate all of your needs with our diverse event spaces, customizable menus, and personalized service.
The Inn on Boltwood invites you to make your reservation now for your New England wedding, social event, meeting, vacation, or campus visit. Join us as we celebrate our past and embrace our future at our Amherst, Massachusetts hotel.