1 Bradley International Airport
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Telephone (860) 627-5311
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Search Other Jobs
Posted November 25, 2021
“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Who this Job Will Appeal To
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
What You Will Be Doing
The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for processing payment of invoices, cash deposits as well as the scanning and coding accounts payable invoices. The Accounting Clerk is expected to strictly adhere to all Waterford Hotel Group accounting policies and procedures.
- Comply with all federal, state and local policies and guidelines
- Prepare all billings for bi-weekly mailing
- Work directly with the catering and banquet teams to ensure accurate billing of clients
- Maintain organized files for open and paid invoices
- Place appropriate calls to clients for collections and maintain detail call logs of all correspondence with client
- Prepare over 60 day report with detailed descriptions of account balances
- Post all checks received – i.e. direct bill payments, advanced deposits, misc. checks
- Prepare advanced deposit log as well as research any outstanding items
- Assist guests with questions concerning charges on their credit card statements
- Prepare and maintain monthly aging reports
- Monthly gift certificate reconciliation
- Ensure accurate distribution of gift certificates to hotel personnel
- Create and maintain client accounts in PMS
- Post credit card payments from clients when appropriate
- Participate in pre-con meetings and monthly credit meeting
- Research and respond to all credit card chargeback’s
- Maintain all appropriate tax exempt backup
- Maintain all direct bill applications
- Make all appropriate phone calls for credit references for new clients requesting direct bill privileges
- Assist in any other projects assigned
- Scans and codes all Accounts payable invoices into accounting systems
- Prepares daily Cash deposits
- Maintains house banks and prepares change for staff when needed.
- Must have knowledge of bookkeeping and computers with two years of accounts receivable/ bookkeeping experience, preferably with Timberline.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
237 Room Hotel
The Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport is committed to making a stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether guests are looking to catch up on some work or spend some quality time with their family, they will feel right at home here. Our location inside the Bradley International Airport is ideal for those flying in and out of New England. We’re highly ranked on TripAdvisor and located near top attractions including the Basketball Hall of Fame, Six Flags New England, and the New England Air Museum. Our pet-friendly hotel features 237 spacious guest rooms, Starbucks® Coffee, and complimentary high-speed internet access. Guests can relax with a splash in our indoor pool or enjoy our fitness center. They can dine at Concorde’s, our signature restaurant. Our hotel offers business amenities and is located near UTC Aerospace, American Honda, Amazon, Westinghouse, and other leading Connecticut businesses.