1 Bradley International Airport
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Telephone (860) 627-5311
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Search Other Jobs
Posted November 23, 2021
$250 Incentive Paid at 60 Days
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
This opening is currently for a Sunday and Monday lunch and dinner Line Cook with the possibility of more hours as business levels pick up. As a Line Cook, you will efficiently and consistently produce the highest quality menu items by taking full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in your station. We are looking for team players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our guest's expectations and to provide them with nothing less than extraordinary dining experiences.
As a Line Cook, your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Cuts or portions meat, fish and poultry
- Communicates with team and management throughout the shift regarding status of orders and availability of product
- Minimizes waste of product
- Labels all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out" to maintain shelf-life standards
- Keeps the grill area neat, clean and sanitary
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area
- Stocks/restocks items on line according to specifications
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains fry area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area
- Assists in an entire team effort
- All other duties as assigned
- Full-service hotel restaurant kitchen experience is desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor
- Prepares great food with great service and a great attitude
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves (acts & dresses) professionally at all times while setting the standard for all staff
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
237 Room Hotel
The Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport is committed to making a stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether guests are looking to catch up on some work or spend some quality time with their family, they will feel right at home here. Our location inside the Bradley International Airport is ideal for those flying in and out of New England. We’re highly ranked on TripAdvisor and located near top attractions including the Basketball Hall of Fame, Six Flags New England, and the New England Air Museum. Our pet-friendly hotel features 237 spacious guest rooms, Starbucks® Coffee, and complimentary high-speed internet access. Guests can relax with a splash in our indoor pool or enjoy our fitness center. They can dine at Concorde’s, our signature restaurant. Our hotel offers business amenities and is located near UTC Aerospace, American Honda, Amazon, Westinghouse, and other leading Connecticut businesses.