30 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
Telephone (413) 256-8200
Inn on Boltwood
Search Other Jobs
Posted January 29, 2023
“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!"
Catering Sales Coordinator
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Sales Coordinator and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a Catering Sales Coordinator to assist the Sales and Catering Department by performing administrative functions. This will include assisting with content development and execution of social media strategies for Inn on Boltwood and 30Boltwood Restaurant on multiple platforms, marketing newsletter construction, answering phones, maintaining group booking and catering booking files, supporting catering sales efforts, conducting client site tours, distributing inquiries to Sales team, create sales kits, and other administrative and operational duties as assigned. This position is full time.
Ideal Experience and Personal Profile
- Experience equivalent to intermediate, or preferably advanced, user level in: Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to review written material for compliance with rules of correspondence and grammar.
- Skilled in the use of general office equipment (i.e. copiers, fax machines, postage machines, etc.).
- Ability to excel in a diverse work environment and communicate with individuals having a wide variety of educational levels and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work, plan multiple activities, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with the ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm with accuracy.
- Availability for normal business hours (Monday through Friday), with flexibility to work hours outside the typical workday based on business demands is required.
- Applicants with prior hotel and/or hotel sales experience preferred.
You must be able to pass a thorough background check.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
Inn on Boltwood
49 Room Inn
Inn on Boltwood
In the heart of New England, where the lush, maple-lined lawn of Amherst Common meets the campus of Amherst College, the historic Inn on Boltwood, formerly The Lord Jeffery Inn, has been a treasured landmark hotel in Western Massachusetts since 1926. Inn on Boltwood remains the destination of choice for returning Five Colleges alumni, visiting parents, and travelers seeking a classic New England experience. Recognized as a Silver LEED Certified hotel and member of Historic Hotels of America, Inn on Boltwood remains dedicated to both environmental sustainability and historic preservation.
Each of our 49 guest rooms is unique. Guests enjoy modern comforts such as pillow-top mattresses, high thread count linens, complimentary WiFi and flat screen HD televisions in a historic New England setting. Our full-service contemporary Amherst restaurant, 30 Boltwood, offers an innovative menu featuring farm-to-table cuisine and masterfully-crafted cocktails.
For generations, the Inn on Boltwood has set the standard for stylish and sophisticated New England weddings. From rehearsal dinner through post-wedding brunch, the Inn can accommodate all of your needs with our diverse event spaces, customizable menus, and personalized service.
The Inn on Boltwood invites you to make your reservation now for your New England wedding, social event, meeting, vacation, or campus visit. Join us as we celebrate our past and embrace our future at our Amherst, Massachusetts hotel.