780 Bridgeport Avenue
Shelton, CT 06484
Telephone (203) 929-1500
Courtyard by Marriott Shelton
Search Other Jobs
Posted August 13, 2022
“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Bistro Attendant - Starbucks
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The Starbucks Bistro Attendant will coordinate, and set-up the food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards. In addition, the attendant will execute any necessary tasks needed to achieve brand standards. This includes inventory control for both food and beverage items.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and connects with every customer. Discover customer needs and make recommendations that you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant or Hotel functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in POS system.
- Prepare coffee barista drinks, specialty drinks and food orders utilizing Merry Chef.
- Perform running side work and opening & closing duties throughout your shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work and service area.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, beverage and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Teamwork -- Offer or ask for help to your fellow team members as situations arise.
- Must be willing to have FUN.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Bistro as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Must be 21 years or older to serve alcohol
- Good communication & organizational skills
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Must be able to work quickly & efficiently and take direction
- Knowledge of and adhere to all alcohol related law
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS system
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of mainly nights & weekends, plus holidays
- Must be able to pass a background check
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
Where this job could take you
Bistro Supervisor; Food and Beverage Manager; Operations Manager
Courtyard by Marriott Shelton
149 Room Hotel
Experience the Courtyard Shelton hotel near Milford, CT. Our hotel is conveniently located in Fairfield County near Bridgeport, Trumbull, and New Haven. Enjoy the fun and beauty of New England from our Shelton hotel. You can explore the Connecticut Wine Trail, Quassy Amusement Park, or the Sports Center of Connecticut. For brides and grooms, we're by The Waterview, Villa Bianca, Tashua Knolls, Grassy Hill Country Club and other local wedding venues. Nearby colleges include Yale University, Fairfield University, University of Bridgeport, and Sacred Heart University. Relax in our comfortable guest rooms for a stay unmatched by other hotels in Bridgeport. Our lobby offers inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard®. Don't forget to stop by The Bistro for healthy food and beverages or enjoy our bar and lounge.