200 Corporate Drive
Windsor, CT 06095
Telephone (860) 298-8000
Hyatt House Hartford North/Windsor
Search Other Jobs
Posted August 15, 2022
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Maintenance Houseperson - PM Shift
Come Join the Waterford Hotel Group Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
Workplace Safety in the era of COVID-19
Associate and guest safety continues to be our top priority. We strictly follow social distancing guidelines. Our staff are supplied with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment, our cleaning products and methods follow CDC guidelines, and we precisely adhere to all state orders.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Are you a handy person who is good at fixing things, and likes to keep everything in good repair? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Houseperson and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We need someone to do light electrical, plumbing, painting, and small repairs as well as attend to public areas during the PM (3pm-11pm) shift. This is a 24 to 32 hour, 3/4 days per week position. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company. Must have a flexible schedule.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair duties, including but not limited to HVAC, refrigeration systems, plumbing, lighting, furniture, sheet rock and painting
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all guests, vendors, contractors, and employees
- Complete grounds work as directed
- Responsible for alerting the General Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place or that may occur
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines
- Respond to all guest and colleague maintenance issues in a timely fashion
- Keep accurate record of assigned tasks and must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Van driver (must have a valid drivers license)
- Minor maintenance (electrical, plumbing, painting, caulking)
- Heavy lifting (must be able to lift more than 50 lbs)
- Position includes weekends and holidays (must be able to work weekends/holidays as well as weekdays)
- Minimum of two years experience in hotel or building maintenance
- Scheduled hours to include weekends and off-hour times based on the ongoing operating needs of the hotel
- Must be effective at handling maintenance issues, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
Hyatt House Hartford North/Windsor
132 Room Extended Stay
Located only 10 minutes from the Bradley International Airport, and seven minutes from the city center of Hartford, the Hyatt House® Hartford North/Windsor hotel offers beautiful views of the City of Hartford and the Connecticut River Valley.
Hyatt House Hartford North / Windsor is your home away from home. Get to work at your spacious desk, and sink into a plush bed after a full day.
- Spacious residentially inspired suites
- Indoor swimming pool
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Omelet Bar
- H Bar
- H Market